Wednesday, April 25, 2007

lean, mean scrapping machine!

That is moi! Haha! i have been dealt with a lot of scrapping mojo, or so it seems. Since last night, I have been able to work on new pages!!!!!!! Yeehaa! And I am gearing up for more pages... I'd also like to start working on some mini albums for my mom and also for my friend, Tuna... only thing is that I actually need to be checking one of my students' assignment draft! Oh boy! I hope I can get the muse to work on that one!

Here's something that didn't take me long to complete once I decided upon the sketch: Uh-huh. Ian was so funny last night - as I was deciding upon which photos to use, he looked at his photos and said, "mommmmm, I look ridiculous!" haha. He is such a cute boy!

Supplies: regular CS, Rob&Bob and Chatterbox papers, Paper Salon stamp, Colorbox ink. Sketch by Becky Fleck.




Last night, I fell asleep while looking at Ali Edwards' work - she never fails to amaze me with the simplicity and beauty of her pages. I was really so inspired that when I awoke this morning, I went straight to my scrap table and got to work. It didn't take long for me to complete these 2 pages today:

We're a Pretty (rowdy) Bunch - this is for a challenge - to use a shirt slogan. This slogan was what we had on our Junior High class shirt (sigh, I miss that shirt!) So I decided to kinda immortalize it on paper :)
These photos have been sitting on my scrap table for the longest time, ever since Carol came up with this particular challenge. I had such a difficult time combining papers and colors with a sketch. No kidding. I went from Chatterbox to Basic Grey to Chatterbox yet again; from a single page to a double page and back to a single page and still no muse. Finally, like I said, after I saw a page which Ali did (and which I shamelessly scraplifted, hehe) here's what I came up with!

Supplies: regular CS, Chatterbox papers, Paper Salon stamps, Versa ink

24 Hours
I put together several elements I found in several pages of Ali's book, but mainly used a page by Vanessa Reyes as inspiration for this one. I love how this turned out. Kinda artsy, if you ask me. haha.

Supplies: Rob&Bob and Chatterbox papers, a homemade card (love how this one came out, too!), a homemade tag, Prima flowers, Doodlebug Designs paper clip, brad, Technique Tuesday, Fontwerks and Paper Salon stamps, MM foam stamps and acrylic paint, Stazon and Colorbox ink, ribbon from my stash.

Photo courtesy of my student, Enrico Reyes. Tub made a comment about how my photo is blurred... I told him matter-of-factly that that is part of the look, haha!

Here are the cards I worked on. Love how these look! So cute! Hahaha!
I was gonna go ahead and make homemade smiley faces for this card after I saw an idea in one of Ali's pages, so I went in search of a circle stamp. But lo and behold, what should I find but a smiley face stamp in my stash! I practically danced for joy as I proceeded to complete this card! Supplies: regular CS, Rob&Bob paper, Technique Tuesday stamp, Versa ink

I love the stamp set that I used for this card - bought it in the US in 2001 when I was still into candle-making. I was actually drawn to the sun image when I got this. The set came with just the right sentiment, too! :) I'm a happy girl!

Supplies: regular CS, Celestial Stampers stamp, Colorbox ink, embossing powder in silver, Bazzill brads. I was originally going to just use white ink against the dark blue cardstock, but I suddenly had an idea to emboss the images instead. And since I couldn't remove some of the excess powder as I embossed, I decided to sprinkle more powder to create the illusion of a starry night! :) I had fun last night!

No comments: