Monday, April 2, 2007

scrap projects

Here are some of the pages and projects I worked on this weekend... I had so much mojo I didn't sleep a wink from Saturday morning all the way to Sunday 11pm! And even then, I had to force myself to sleep because I still had a SB high!

Nikki helped me out with the altered bottle project - she put in the chocolate eggs and helped wash my sponge brush. Thanks, babe! :)
Supplies:
For the Easter bottle: Sola bottle, Bazzill cardstock for the paper-piecing, KMA patterned paper and cardstock, SBW patterned paper for the flower center, satin flower ric-rac, gingham and printed satin ribbons, mod podge, Sizzlits oval tag die, Zig marker, pink chalk

For the recipe card: regular cardstock, Provo-Craft patterned paper, satin flower, button, satin ribbon, Sizzix file folder die

For the birthday card: KMA cardstock, K&Co patterned papers, Sizzix bookplate die, Stampendous and EK Success stamps

Here are some LOs I was able to complete... not so happy with the one of Nikki - it looks too plain to me... I really need to learn some more SB techniques :) I likewise don't like the fact that I spilled some pink paint on the right side of my LO! grrrrrrrrrr!! I scrubbed it and wet it a bit and then it started to look worse! I decided to just stamp floral patterns near the title to cover up my boo-boo! Sketch is by Becky Fleck (hmmm... not sure if I did it justice as I omitted the scalloped paper matting, lol! whatever)

And.... here are my very first attempts at digi scrapping :) (hey, I could get the hang of this! I really enjoyed working on these projects - digital scrapping is not as messy as paper scrapbooking and it's faster, too! haha! However, holding paper and embellishments in my hand gives me a high which is difficult to explain... don't get me started on my long-term love affair with paper!)

I don't have any photoshop programs on my mac, so I just used the keynote program - it worked! Nothing fancy, really, but at least I was able to add some of the elements included in the kit which was given out during the crop! I also used some elements by Gina Cabrera and Ztampfsampler


Here's something I worked on last thursday night - G needed a card for his golf buddy, Joppy, who is currently at the MMC ICU because he suffered from a stroke while driving along SSH - I hope that he will be able to recover soon! He wanted me to incorporate their group photo into the card and here's what I came up with:
Supplies: cardstock, sbw patterned paper, Cuttlebug swirl embossing folder, Colorbox dark brown ink, Cricut Base Camp font, 3M double-sided foam tape

No comments: