Saturday, July 28, 2007

a messy affair

I was tasked to write an article for the August edition of Scrappinmoms' Scrapbytes. It's all about using templates and stuff found within our homes, not for its intended purpose but, for scrapping! :o I was a bit apprehensive about tackling an article which is somewhat foreign to me, considering I find myself amassing SB tools left and right these days, HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Talk about a real challenge, huh? So, I kinda shelved Ria's email and went about my routine. When I did get around to sitting down and putting my thinking cap on, I was surprised to find how easy it was to put together a handful of suggestions as I then started to realize that I've actually managed to use household items on some of my pages ages ago. Cool!

For one particular tip, however, I couldn't very well explain the technique without actually having to produce a LO, and pronto!, as the article was due today. Well, then I thought I've been wanting to try the tip for the longest time anyways and last night was as good a time as any to do so.

So I set to work and I found it surprisingly easy and fun to do, albeit a bit messy, LOL! Thanks to Donna Downey and her fabulous tip (Simple Scrapbooks, Jan 2007), I now have a new page to speak of! =)


Supplies: Bazzill CS, MM acrylic paint, stamps (TT, Autumn Leaves, Heidi Swapp,7G), ink (Versa, Colorbox), and a toilet paper cardboard tube

No comments: