Saturday, June 9, 2007

lazy saturdays are a dangerous thing!

I'm so glad first week of school is over so I can enjoy another weekend, a long one at that! Monday was declared a holiday so I have more time to myself :)

Well, I didn't really have anything specific planned for today so I simply stayed glued to my computer. Before I could think anything of it, I found myself shopping online left and right... AGAIN!

Let's see, I went to Joann.com for some paint and a new Cuttlebug embossing folder (can't wait to play with it!!!). Then I found myself checking out of Scrapbook Trends with a new annual magazine subscription (with only a $10 difference in rates, I decided to have them sent directly to me instead of to my dad). For some reason, I also decided to order an Adobe Photoshop Elements (hmmm... I wonder how long it'd take to have it delivered? I haven't received a confirmation from the supplier). I've likewise sent payment to a friend for a set of second-hand, but new, Stampin' Up stamps... turns out, the shipping cost I had to pay was almost twice as much as the cost of the set! ($10 + $16.97) :o and here I thought I was going to get to save some money on that transaction, darn! I should've probably just included this set with my prior order directly from the SU demonstrator. Oh well. OK, last purchase for the day: a Fiskars squeeze large round punch. I've been wanting to get one for some time now but the only sellers I found wouldn't ship to the Philippines. Thank heavens for ebay, lol! I got the 1.5" circle, and tried mightily to resist getting the XL (2" size) as well. I wanted to put it in my shopping cart, but then reasoned to myself that I probably wouldn't have much use for it right now, besides, I can always order it at a later time... that is of course, assuming that it'd still be available, haha, this kind of argument is always what gets me hooked in the end! But I stood my resolve! *pat on the back*

It was a good thing I still had some self-control, LOL, otherwise, I would've probably still bought a set of Fancy Pants' stamps, a set of prismacolor pencils and pre-ordered BG's infuse collection (which, btw, is being offered at an introductory price!)

Hmmmm... Nikki wouldn't let me renege on my promise that today was to be our scrapping day, so off I went to scrap with her. Ian joined in and the 2 kiddos busied themselves making their own SB pages (Ian asked yaya to help him out, though). I got to work on my page for the 2nd PS blogger team's challenge as well as to rehash a card for Daddy 2.



Journaling:
You're 7...
and already, you are constantly exposed to a lot of new and exciting things.

I know it takes a lot of courage
to be who you are, but I pray
that as you grow older,
you will always believe in yourself
and make the choices that you truly want,
not what others decide for you,
nor what is merely popular.
Daddy and I will always be here for you,
no matter what. We love you.

Supplies: Bazzill cs, Sassafrass Lass, DCWV and MAMBI pps, HS foam stamp, MM acrylic paint. Tools: Cricut, Sizzix

Here is Nikki's page:

No comments: